Counsellor Rajnish Virk provides a kind and non-judgemental counselling service that is tailored to each person’s unique needs. With a holistic approach to depression therapy, the whole person is considered. Raj seeks to get to the root cause of the problem, and guide clients towards the right techniques to find a better way forward.
What is Depression? Clients in Birmingham and further afield can be supported to find the answers here with my (Raj’s) holistic cognitive behavioural therapy for depression.
Depression has been described by some as a mental black cloud or darkness, that feels as though it is following you around, and you just cannot shift it. Often, the things that once interested you and gave joy, stop holding your attention. Our minds can easily wander and the motivation we once had to care for ourselves, to achieve things and plan for things, are suddenly depleted or non-existent.
The good news is, that however it may seem at the moment, there is a road to recovery and you can find it. Cognitive behavioural therapy can help you find a way forward.
Depression, like anxiety can be as a result of the bad experiences or trials we sometimes come upon in life. When dealing with anxiety and depression together, it can seem like no one understands you, and that you are alone. Although you are indeed unique and your feelings and thoughts are to be valued individually, often the way we react to dealing with negatively and difficulties can be explained, monitored and rerouted. Through working with a therapist for depression, you can talk through your thoughts and issues in a non-judgemental and safe space, that allows you to explore and find solutions with professional help.
With CBT for depression, Birmingham locals, and those from anywhere who would like to hold counselling sessions with me online, can be supported to deal with depression relating to a number of situations, including:
· Bereavement and Loss
· Financial worries or pressures relating to career
· Health concerns and recovery from illness
· Relationships within the family, or elsewhere
· Past experiences during childhood often referred to as post-traumatic stress
· Bullying, or abusive relationships
· Your concerns for future responsibilities and commitments; such as when expecting a new child, moving home or caring for a loved one
· Questions relating to sexuality and personal identity
Our minds and bodies try their best to deal with these situations, and the results can manifest themselves in a number of psychological and physical symptoms. If you have experienced any of the following symptoms, rest assured help from an experienced depression therapist is at hand.
· Hopelessness and helplessness
· Having no confidence or/and low self-esteem issues
· Being tearful and excessive crying
· Feeling constantly guilty and sorry
· Feeling irritable, unable to cope with others
· Having no motivation, enjoyment or interest in things
· Finding it difficult to make any decisions
· Suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself – thinking it would be better if you weren’t there
· Moving or speaking slowly and finding it hard to gather your thoughts
· A lack of appetite or a change in weight, either decreased or increased
· Constipation or feeling a constant need to urinate
· Unexplained aches and pains
· Depleted energy levels or excessive oversleeping
· Little or no interest in sex
· An altered menstrual cycle
· Disturbed sleep – for example, finding it difficult to fall asleep or waking up throughout the night and early mornings
CBT therapies depression use proven methods of helping people that allow you to take control of the situation and set off on a clear road to recovery. As a depression counsellor, I sincerely want to help you to combat dealing with anxiety and depression issues and overcoming low self-esteem.
Please do not hesitate to contact me today to arrange an appointment. I look forward to hearing from you, whether you are based in Birmingham or elsewhere. Reach out by phone or email or complete the contact form here. I will aim to respond within 24 hours.