What is Depression? Birmingham and UK residents can be supported to find the answers here with my (Raj’s) holistic counselling services.
Depression has been described by some as a mental black cloud or darkness, that feels as though it is following you around, and you just cannot shift it. Often, the things that once interested you and gave joy, stop holding your attention. Our minds can easily wander and the motivation we once had to care for ourselves, to achieve things and plan for things, are suddenly depleted or non-existent.
The good news is, that however it may seem at the moment, there is a road to recovery and you can find it. Depression, like anxiety can be as a result of the bad experiences or trials we sometimes come upon in life. When dealing with anxiety and depression together, it can seem like no one understands you, and that you are alone. Although you are indeed unique and your feelings and thoughts are to be valued individually, often the way we react to dealing with negatively and difficulties can be explained, monitored and rerouted.
With CBT for depression, Birmingham locals, and those from anywhere who would like to hold sessions with me online, can be supported to deal with depression relating to a number of situations, including:
· Bereavement and Loss
· Financial worries or pressures relating to career
· Health concerns and recovery from illness
· Relationships within the family, or elsewhere
· Past experiences during childhood often referred to as post-traumatic stress
· Bullying, or abusive relationships
· Your concerns for future responsibilities and commitments; such as when expecting a new child, moving home or caring for a loved one
· Questions relating to sexuality and personal identity
Our minds and bodies try their best to deal with these situations, and the results can manifest themselves in a number of Psychological and physical symptoms. If you have experienced any of the following symptoms, rest assured help is at hand.
· Hopelessness and helplessness
· Having no confidence or/and low self-esteem issues
· Being tearful and excessive crying
· Feeling constantly guilty and sorry
· Feeling irritable, unable to cope with others
· Having no motivation, enjoyment or interest in things
· Finding it difficult to make any decisions
· Suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself – thinking it would be better if you weren’t there
· Moving or speaking slowly and finding it hard to gather your thoughts
· A lack of appetite or a change in weight, either decreased or increased
· Constipation or feeling a constant need to urinate
· Unexplained aches and pains
· Depleted energy levels or excessive oversleeping
· Little or no interest in sex
· An altered menstrual cycle
· Disturbed sleep – for example, finding it difficult to fall asleep or waking up throughout the night and early mornings
CBT therapies use proven methods of helping people deal with these issues relating to depression, allowing you to take control of the situation and set off on a clear road to recovery. I sincerely want to help you to combat dealing with anxiety and depression issues and overcoming low self-esteem symptoms.
Please do not hesitate to contact me today to arrange an appointment. I look forward to hearing from you.